1) Glossary: To help understand some of the more complex language of monarch and parasite biology discussed on the website, we have created a glossary of commonly used words. We are working on a way to integrate this into the website, but we also wanted a source for instructors to access in case of clarification. Click here to access it!
2) Links: For further exploration, we've provided a list of helpful websites which can answer a lot of your students' questions about monarchs and their parasites. We're in the process of creating some paired worksheets to go along with these websites - stay tuned. Click here to access the links! We've also put together a document with a list of the best monarch butterfly books out there, for all levels of readers. Click here to check it out.
3) Puzzles: We have constructed three different levels of crossword puzzles that use monarch-Oe vocabulary words. Click below for the desired puzzle and answer key.
4) Flash Cards: We have prepared a set of virtual flashcards for your students to use and study. Click here to access them. You must login with user name firstname.lastname@example.org . The password is monarchs. Once logged in, click "My Stuff" and then "My flashcards". A link to "monarch vocabulary" will pop up.
5) Worksheets: We are working on a set of worksheets for different grade levels. The first one is for approximately 3rd graders - click here to access it.
6) Videos: We are going to start uploading a new short video to this page every week, in a segment we'll call "clip of the week". These videos will range in topics from sterilizing the lab to growing milkweed! Check out our first video below! (Click here to access our video archive.)